Physical Therapy Assistant Guide

Welcome to the PTA Guide, a physical therapy assistant education & career resource. We have everything you need to become a licensed PTA in your state. A few of the helpful things that you'll find here are information resources by state such as tools and info on PTA Schools, PTA license requirements, PTA Jobs, PTA salary data for states & major cities.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google +

PTA Schools in Rhode Island (RI)

Rhode Island has 14 CAPTE accredited PTA schools. To obtain a PTA license in Rhode Island, you must complete an accredited PTA program and must also pass the National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam (NPTAE). Below are the 14 accredited PTA Schools in Rhode Island, click to learn more about its PTA program.

More PTA Info for Rhode Island:

See PTA Schools by state

Accredited PTA Schools in Rhode Island

Accredited PTA Programs in Rhode IslandNext Visitation Date
Community College of Rhode Island
Newport, RI
Status: Accreditation
Next Visit: Spring 2017
New England Institute of Technology
East Greenwich, RI
Status: Accreditation
Next Visit: Fall 2014

How to Select PTA Schools in Rhode Island

There are a couple of of things to consider when comparing physical therapy assistant schools. Here is a quick list of some of the most significant considerations to remember as you research for your physical therapist assistant program:

  • PTA Program size
  • Pass rates of the NPTAE exam
  • Lecture room and lab resources
  • Campus costs and potential opportunities for financial aid
  • School admission criteria

As you take these PTA program factors into thought, it can be helpful to survey present-day college students as well as recent graduates of the physical therapist assistant programs of interest. Also, interviewing businesses whom have hired these students can provide you more insight to each schools strengths and weaknesses.

More PTA Info for Rhode Island:


1) Click on any schools below to learn more about their programs
2) Under “Program of Interest” choose “Physical Therapist Assistant” or another degree of interest