Physical Therapy Assistant Guide

Welcome to the PTA Guide, a physical therapy assistant education & career resource. We have everything you need to become a licensed PTA in your state. A few of the helpful things that you'll find here are information resources by state such as tools and info on PTA Schools, PTA license requirements, PTA Jobs, PTA salary data for states & major cities.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google +

PTA in Hawaii

PTA Licensing in HawaiiAlthough obtaining a PTA license is not a requirement to work in Hawaii as a physical therapist assistant, a license is available and all PTA licensing in Hawaii is regulated by the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs: Professional and Vocational Licensing. Below are the requirements to become a licensed PTA in Hawaii.

More PTA Info for Hawaii:

See PTA Licensing by state

PTA License Requirement
Required in Hawaii?
Complete Accredited PTA ProgramYes
Send Official Transcript to State PT BoardYes
Complete PTA License ApplicationYes
Pay non-refundable application feeYes, $300 ($50 is non-refundable for the application, the other $250 is refunded if you don’t receive a license
Pass the National Physical Therapy Assistant Exam (NPTAE)Yes, $370

Hawaii PTA License Application

Download-PTA-Application-IconFor detailed information and instructions to become a PTA in Hawaii, see the board’s Application form. To download the form, right click the icon to the right and then click on “Save As” to save the PDF file.

Hawaii PTA Board Contact Info

Att: PT
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
Phone Numbers and Email
(808) 586-3000

Why Be a PTA in Hawaii?

Hawaii is a friendly state for PTAs with multiple PTA Programs available. There are also many jobs and salaries range from $51,000 to $54,000 annually. Learn more about becoming a physical therapy assistant in Hawaii by clicking the links below.

More PTA Info for Hawaii:


1) Click on any schools below to learn more about their programs
2) Under “Program of Interest” choose “Physical Therapist Assistant” or another degree of interest