Physical Therapy Assistant Guide

Welcome to the PTA Guide, a physical therapy assistant education & career resource. We have everything you need to become a licensed PTA in your state. A few of the helpful things that you'll find here are information resources by state such as tools and info on PTA Schools, PTA license requirements, PTA Jobs, PTA salary data for states & major cities.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google +

PTA in Rhode Island

PTA Licensing in Rhode IslandAll PTA licensing in Rhode Island is regulated by the Rhode Island Board of Physical Therapy. Below are the requirements to become a licensed PTA in Rhode Island.

More PTA Info for Rhode Island:

See PTA Licensing by state

PTA License Requirement
Required in Rhode Island?
Complete Accredited PTA ProgramYes
Send Official Transcripts Directly from School to State PT BoardYes
Complete PTA License ApplicationYes
Mail passport style photo to State PT BoardYes
Pay non-refundable application feeYes, $50
Pass Jurisprudence ExamNo
Pay jurisprudence exam feeNo
Pass the National Physical Therapy Assistant Exam (NPTAE)Yes, $370

Rhode Island PTA License Application

Download-PTA-Application-IconFor detailed information and instructions to become a PTA in Rhode Island, see the board’s Application form. To download the form, right click the icon to the right and then click on “Save As” to save the PDF file.

Rhode Island PTA Board Contact Info

Rhode Island Board of Physical Therapy
Room 104
3 Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908-5097
Phone Numbers and Email
(401) 222-1392

Why Be a PTA in Rhode Island?

Rhode Island has 2 PTA Programs available which is a low number compared to the number of PTA schools available in many states. PTA jobs and salaries are good as well ranging from $51,992 to $52,548 annually. Learn more about becoming a physical therapist assistant in Rhode Island by clicking the links below.

More PTA Info for Rhode Island:


1) Click on any schools below to learn more about their programs
2) Under “Program of Interest” choose “Physical Therapist Assistant” or another degree of interest